Friday, November 20, 2009

Letters from Home

It's the time of year when we think a little more about family and friends. Today I am reading through a stack of letters just received from Uganda, written by the children we support there.

The letters all express thanks for school fees and food, but then there are the hopes and dreams, fears and testimonies that really stand out. Over the next few weeks, I'll share some of these with you here.
I thank the Almighty God for keeping you alive. As I am going for my holidays I am going to pray for you and your family and I hope that you pray for me also.
Do you hear it? This orphaned child is saying she thanks God for keeping you alive. Her parents died and now you are paying her school fees and seeing that she has two meals a day. She is thankful for your life and is praying for you. She hopes that you are praying for her as well.

Don't take your life for granted. You have a life of purpose ahead of you - and someone is praying for you. Be blessed.

No comments: