Wednesday, July 15, 2009

V.I.P. in Training


This picture caught my eye last week, and now it hangs by the door of my office, where I am greeted by it as I go out to find support for the children.

Tina’s picture is one of 200 new photos that we recently received of children we hope to sponsor from the TOUCH program in Kampala, Uganda.

Every one of these children is a V.I.P. – VERY IMPORTANT PERSON, and Tina’s faded shirt reminds me of that.

V.I.P. is actually a designation started by the Royal Air Force in the 1940s, referring to a person of high rank, a government official, or visiting dignitary. Today, a V.I.P. can be anyone who receives special treatment for some reason.

Look at Tina – that’s a V.I.P. smile if I’ve ever seen one!

Jesus told His disciples that children are V.I.P.’s, represented in the very front row in front of the throne:

"Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven."
Matthew 18:10, NKJV

I pray that we can impact Tina’s world in such a way as to see these little ones treated as the V.I.P.’s that they really are; that we place their well being above our own comfort; that we care enough to stand up for them, to see them fed and cared for and loved; that we step in to stop abuse and injustice, and that we, like their angels, continually look to the face of the Father, to see His heart for them.


About Tina:
Tina's father died, and now her mother is sick and helpless. She and her two brothers, a sister, and two cousins try to help at home. Tina does not currently go to school because there is no way for her mother to pay the fees, but one day Tina would like to be a teacher. She needs a sponsor.

No comments: